DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING CLERKS (KAMLOOPS)Apply Now Job ID 1168907 Date posted 09/27/2018
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare? If so, Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops, BC is seeking ONGOING CASUAL Diagnostic Imaging Clerical applications for current and future positions as need arises throughout the year....Apply today!
To apply, please submit your application and include:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to the work of the Diagnostic Imaging department, such as:
• Patient registration;
• Scheduling, booking and communicating appointment information to Diagnostic Imaging staff, patients, physicians' offices and/or nursing units;
• Ensures pertinent previous images and documentation are available for patient exam date, and forwards images to other facilities outside the Health Authority;
• Organizes and arranges for pediatric and adult sedation, catheterization exams, ambulance bookings;
• Reception duties - answering telephones, receiving and relaying messages, receiving and directing visitors, distributes incoming out-going mail;
• Completes a variety of standard forms for registration/billing purposes;
• Types a variety of documents - memorandums, letters, minutes, education documents, presentations and statistical tables;
• Arranges meetings - books meeting rooms, types and distributes agendas, transcribes minutes and notes of meetings and disseminates.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 07:00 to 15:00, 07:30 to 15:30, 06:30 to 14:30, 08:00 to 16:00 hours
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize work.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
**Along with your CV (resume), please submit your High School Diploma, a Typing Test (minimum 45 wpm within the past 24 months) from a recognized institution and proof of completion of Medical Terminology Course. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth