CLINICAL PHARMACISTApply Now Job ID 1225520 Date posted 05/03/2019
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
We are seeking a Clinical Pharmacist to join our Royal Inland Hospital Pharmacy Team; someone who wishes to work at the leading edge of healthcare and advance their career! This position is to provide temporary coverage in a full time position until the return of the incumbent in November 2019.
Kamloops is located in a scenic valley in BC’s Thompson Okanagan Region at the junction of the North and South Thompson Rivers and is British Columbia’s third largest city. Famous for its’ hospitality, Kamloops offers visitors all the amenities of a big city - first class accommodations and dining, lively arts scene, modern shops, full range of businesses and wonderful parks and recreation facilities. Kamloops boasts a Wild West history that includes the fur trade, the gold rush and cattle ranching. The scenery is characterized by rivers, mountains, lakes and grasslands, which offer unsurpassed opportunities for year-round outdoor adventure such as winter fun like skiing and tubing at nearby Sun Peaks Resort or summer pleasures such as golfing, fishing, water sports, mountain biking or hiking through the “Hoodoos” (shown below). Blue skies, endless sunshine, deep powder snow, one thousand lakes and spectacular landscapes make the Kamloops Region the natural place to visit and experience unparalleled adventure opportunities.
As the Clinical Pharmacist you will provide pharmacy services to patients in the acute care and long-term care environment. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, you will assess and recommend individualized treatments and act as the primary resource for drug information, education and provide expert advice to health care professionals. Added responsibility is monitoring drug prescribing, drug distribution and drug therapy to ensure safe, effective, rational, legal and economic use of drugs.
As a Clinical Pharmacist you will provide pharmaceutical care by:
• Identifying and assisting in the resolution of drug therapy problems. Consulting with physicians concerning problems such as drug dosage, allergy, incompatibility, interaction and efficacy; offers alternatives and obtains clarification for all questionable orders.
• Consulting with members of the health care team to develop patient-specific therapeutic plans based on chart review, patient information and assessment of clinical responses.
• Conducting drug usage evaluation (DUE) in acute or long-term care patients based on established criteria and standards.
• In concert with the health care team, developing and implementing pre-printed orders, standards, therapeutic guidelines, policies and procedures for surgical patients.
• Conducting patient counselling and patient education regarding drug therapy.
• Making written contributions, based on appropriate literature review, to drug information resources (e.g. I.V. manual) and the department newsletter as required.
• Providing work direction to pharmacy assistants in service activities including checking of work performed by pharmacy assistants.
• Providing instruction and supervision to students such as University Pharmacy undergraduates.
• Maintaining professional competence and expertise in the pharmaceutical profession through the on-going review of current pharmacy and medical literature, attendance at in-service or other educational programs as well as through contact with peer professionals.
This temporary full time position will work rotating day and evening shifts.
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication!
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists
• Continuous educational opportunities
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care
• 100 percent employer paid comprehensive benefits’ package and pension plan
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
• Current licensure with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
• Completion of a Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program or a combination of at least one year of hospital experience and advanced education courses.
• Active membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists is encouraged.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth