CLINICAL LEAD, CAPITAL PROJECTSApply Now Job ID 1406980 Date posted 05/29/2020
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
The Clinical Lead, Capital Projects acts as the clinical liaison for design and construction projects at specific facilities and leased premises within Interior Health (IH). The Clinical Lead plays an active role within the Project Team that holds shared responsibility for the project from business plan development through procurement, design, construction, occupancy, and post-occupancy evaluation.
The Clinical Lead is the main channel for clinical and evidence-informed information, queries, and concerns and works closely with stakeholders, consultants, Design Builder/Contractor, Capital Project Manager, and all members of the Project Team to produce a successful project outcome. The Clinical Lead arranges and attends all meetings from planning (including establishing equipment needs) through to final stages of the project. The Clinical Lead communicates about progress on a regular basis to Senior Management Teams, corporate departments, Medical Staff, and all facility staff. The Clinical Lead actively manages the clinical operational preparations, orientation, training, and move-in activities and leads pre- and post-occupancy evaluations for the new facility.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Determines key and secondary stakeholders who should be involved in the project.
2. Arranges all meetings (with administrative support when available) as directed by the design/ development and Project Team with appropriate stakeholders.
3. Attends all meetings, from planning through to the final stages of construction. Keeps notes and reviews minutes thoroughly for discrepancies.
4. Acts as the clinical single point of contact for the Project Manager and Construction Site Manager.
5. Acts as the channel for clinical information, evidence information, queries, concerns, etc. from the stakeholders to the Design Builder/Contractor. Liaises with stakeholders and the Design Builder on day-to-day issues and obtains regular updates of progress and concerns.
6. Seeks input from stakeholders (physicians, staff, Infection Control, Housekeeping, external users, etc.) during the design stage of the project. Facilitates consensus decisions, where required, using evidenced-based research practice.
7. Reviews drawings and evaluates change requests by user groups. Seeks clarification of all drawings when unfamiliar with the contents.
8. Conducts regular site tours with the Project Manager/team members and Contractor to review progress with signed off drawings. Reviews any discrepancies with the Project Manager.
9. Regularly communicates progress to the facility Leadership Teams, Medical Staff, and all facility staff and works closely with the Communications Officer.
10. Establishes and monitors hospital equipment lists with department managers. Acts as a liaison between the capital Buyer and Managers. Reviews the lists, makes changes as necessary, and gives final approval.
11. Leads the planning of department relocations, including patients and equipment, into the new facility. Leads planning and monitoring of the operational preparations of hospital departments affected by the opening of the new facility.
12. Identifies, communicates, and mitigates potential risk management issues.
13. Monitors requests for changes to final design drawings and avoids changes that would have a significant cost impact.
14. Maintains current copies of all drawings, plans, manuals, proposals, etc.
15. Participates in evaluating potential construction impact to the operations of the site.
16. Liaises with appropriate IH corporate departments in developing EOIs and contracts for third party interests (coffee kiosks, pharmacies, etc.). Involves the Foundation/Auxiliary in planning for revenue opportunities.
17. Liaises with IMIT to determine computer, telephone, and fax requirements and relocation.
18. Leads pre- and post-occupancy evaluations relating to clinical design and participates with the Project Team for ‘lessons learned’ activities following project completion.
19. Performs other related duties and or projects as required.
• A Bachelor of Science, Nursing degree and a Master’s degree in business or a healthcare-related field with project management is required or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• A minimum of five years of experience in construction and project management with a minimum of five years in a variety of healthcare settings.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – communicates effectively
• Achieves Results – takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
• Develops Coalitions – mobilizes knowledge, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service
• System Transformation – encourages and supports innovation, champions & orchestrates change
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate, supervise, and organize.
• Mechanical knowledge.
• Familiarity with accounting procedures.
• Proven supervisory skills.
• A BC Driver’s license.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth