CLEANERApply Now Job ID 1416934 Date posted 06/30/2020
Facility :OVERLANDER EXTENDED CARE
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, this position performs housekeeping duties throughout the facility and maintains clean and sanitary conditions in areas such as patient/resident/client rooms, washrooms, corridors, hallways, lounges, offices and common areas used by staff, visitors and patients/residents/clients.
Check out this video to learn more about the position:
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Cleans areas such as floors, stairways, walls, windows, ceilings and walkways by methods such as sweeping, vacuuming, dust mopping, spot washing, and wet washing with mops and buckets and/or mechanical equipment. Applies floor finishes and/or buffs floors with mechanical equipment as required.
2. Empties and cleans waste/recycling containers; collects and removes garbage/recycling according to departmental procedures.
3. Cleans and disinfects washrooms and replenishes items/supplies such as soap and towels.
4. Strips and makes beds; cleans and tidies items such as cupboards, lockers, basins and tables.
5. Cleans items such as furniture, woodwork, ledges, fixtures and blinds by dusting, polishing and wiping.
6. Moves furniture such as beds, stretchers, and other furniture and/or equipment manually and/or using aides such as dollies and carts.
7. Cleans items such a venetian blinds, air vents and ducts, radiators, and light fixtures; removes and rehangs drapes and bed curtains as required.
8. Cleans upholstered furniture, carpets and rugs by methods such as vacuuming, shampooing, brushing and/or shaking.
9. Cleans Nursing areas and Isolation rooms including the washing of furniture, in accordance with departmental procedures.
10. Picks up soiled laundry and linen, distributes clean laundry and linen, and places laundry and linen orders according to established procedure.
11. Maintains housekeeping utility rooms in neat and tidy condition. Maintains housekeeping machines and equipment by cleaning, lubricating and replacing items such as filter bags and belts.
12. Cleans outside entrances as required, cleans and services sidewalks as directed.
13. Uses pressure washer to clean such things as carts, wheels, stretchers, exterior of buildings, sidewalks, etc., as directed.
14. Adheres to proper work procedures, observes regulations pertaining to work; cooperates in establishing a work environment free of accidents and industrial disease, and reports inoperable equipment or damaged, unsafe equipment in accordance with established procedures.
15. In accordance with established site-specific procedures may perform duties such as:
• delivering/picking up meal trays
• washing/drying micro-fiber cloths and mops
16. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Typical Shifts are 07:00 to 15:00, 14:30 to 22:30 - rotating.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth