CAPITAL PLANNER/PROJECT MANAGERApply Now Job ID 1301919 Date posted 08/23/2019
Facility :KELOWNA CHSC
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Are you a project manager with knowledge about construction standards and building codes? Are you able to successfully lead large project teams with effective motivation and a strong leadership style? We are seeking a Capital Planner/Project Manager to join our amazing team!
Under the general direction of the Manager/Director, Capital Planning, the Capital Planner/Project Manager is responsible for leading, directing, and preparing the project studies and the evaluation of capital and operating costs of specified projects. The Capital Planner/Project Manager provides effective leadership to the project team, ensures the participation of key stakeholders, and monitors the capital and program operating resources, provides leadership and expertise required to ensure that projects at the assigned site(s) are delivered within scope, cost, time, and quality to the client’s satisfaction and within a safe working environment.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Leads and facilitates all stages of project design and construction (on multiple projects) to ensure cost effectiveness; adherence to building standards/codes; and consistency with technical, project scope of work, functional program requirements, and evidence-informed clinical design.
• Reviews functional project design to ensure that all construction requirements have been included (e.g. decanting, demolition, and building system issues).
• Evaluates proposals for consistency within project requirements and IHA policies and standards.
• Monitors all stages of construction to ensure cost effectiveness, adherence to contract terms of reference, and consistency with technical and functional program requirements.
• Initiates and chairs construction start-up meetings and attends regularly scheduled construction meetings.
• Reviews and approves change management documentation, signs time and material work sheets, and processes progress claims.
• Performs or arranges for site inspections.
• Organizes site shutdowns and advises all affected areas of impact on their services, staff, and equipment.
• Meets with users during construction to ensure users are kept up to date on project status, budget, and schedule.
2. Responsible for the reporting and quality control of assigned capital projects. Monitors consultant performance for adherence to contract conditions, budget, and schedules.
3. Develops a project study implementation and work plan including identification of key stakeholders, critical timeframes, and processes required to ensure effective identification of capital and program requirements for each specific program.
4. Maintains a record of project study work plans and time schedules, identifies key milestones and dates in the process, and prepares monthly reports on process accomplishments.
5. Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to ensure full stakeholder identification and participation in the project study process including facility staff, medical staff, Information Technology, Plant Services, Foundations, Regional Hospital Districts, and Interior Health (IH) Board and committees as required.
6. Provides leadership and direction to project committees including identification of project management theory and integration with the project management requirements of the Ministry of Health/Planning and IH.
7. Identifies safety issues and integrates with the risk management process.
8. Identifies the need for external consultants and assists in the preparation of Expressions of Interest (EOI) and Requests for Proposals (RFP).
9. Performs other related duties and or projects as required.
For a challenging, growth-oriented career in a beautiful natural setting where balanced lifestyle choices abound, come to Interior Health and join our quest to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of BC.
Education, Training, and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, or a related field.
• Five to seven years of related experience, including hospital or healthcare facility construction experience.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• A Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset.
Skills and Abilities
• Comprehensive knowledge of project management and the integration and synchronicity of capital construction projects and operating programs.
• Knowledge of hospital building, mechanical, electrical, and support service systems.
• Knowledge of hospital programs.
• Ability to interpret drawings and specifications, cost project technical requirements, and be knowledgeable about construction standards and building codes, inspection and testing requirements, and of construction agreements and associated general conditions of contract – supplemented by training in project management software, contract law, insurance requirements, and financial management.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and direct large project teams with effective utilization of teams through group leadership, motivation, and commitment to objectives, vision, mission, and values.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external partners including the ability to make formal reports and presentations.
• A valid class 5 BC Driver’s license is required.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth