ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ASSISTANTS (KAMLOOPS)Apply Now Job ID 1079759 Date posted 02/06/2018
Facility :THOMPSON PARK MALL
**Wages effective April 1, 2018 are $18.53 - $20.46 per hour**
Have you graduated from an Office Administration Certificate Program and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare? If so, Interior Health has ONGOING CASUAL career opportunities for you to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team!
We are seeking applications for current and future positions as need arises throughout the year for the following worksites located in the Kamloops area:
• Home Health and Community Clinic
Provide right care in the right settings for seniors and people with disabilities to remain independent and in their homes as long as possible.
• North Shore sites - Northhills Mall and Health Science Centre
Both these sites support patients with complex medical conditions, in a variety of different ways through team-based care in the community.
• King Street (Mental Health and Substance Use site)
This facility offers physician support and intensive case management to clients living with complex mental health illnesses and substance use disorders.
• Prevention & Promotion
Services are offered at the individual, group, and community levels and in a variety of settings with a focus on the promotion of health and the prevention of disease and injury.
If you hold an Office Administration Certificate, have one year's recent experience, a current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater and a current valid BC Driver's license....Apply today!
This position performs reception, administrative and Health Unit Aide support to Hospitals & Communities Integrated Services (HCIS); Mental Health & Substance Use (MHSU); Primary & Community Care Transformation (PCCT) programs, such as:
• Regular office and reception duties: Data entry, gathering, organizing, collecting, collating and verifying information, types correspondence, prepares presentations, arranges meeting, types agendas, takes and transcribes minutes, books travel, performs reception duties, record management;
• Schedules and confirms client appointments;
• Receives, records, checks and balances cash transactions;
• Maintains medical/surgical supplies, equipment and HCIS/MHSU/PCCT resource material;
• Clinical support - cleaning, setting up and dismantling rooms, cleaning/sanitizing toys and equipment, weighing and measuring babies, calibrating equipment, vision screenings;
• Cleans medical equipment and instruments;
• Delivering supplies and biologicals to health unit;
• Deal with clients who may be confused, anxious, angry or difficult
Hours of work: Rotating Days, Evening – 08:00 to 16:00, 12:00 to 20:00, 08:00 to 16:30, 08:30 to 17:00 hours
Casual opportunities offer no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
• 4-Step Wage Progression;
• Comprehensive Employee Benefits – BC Medical Services Plan, Dental Plan, Extended Health Care Plan, and Life Insurance – all Employer paid;
• Municipal Pension Plan;
• Generous vacation entitlement starting at 3 weeks in full time positions;
• Continuing Education program; and
• Disability & Wellness Programs.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces...Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Certificate Program, Plus
• One years recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test at 40 wpm dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
• Current valid BC Driver's License
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to type at 40 wpm
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Ability to organize and prioritize
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients
• Knowledge of nursing equipment
• Knowledge of sterilization techniques and procedures
• Business writing skills
**Along with your resume, please submit an Office Administration Certificate, Typing Test (minimum 40 wpm within the past 24 months) from a recognized institution and copy of Driver's License. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth