PHYSIOTHERAPIST – IN-PATIENT ACUTE CARE AND LONG-TERM CAREApply Now Job ID 1374074 Date posted 05/30/2020
Facility :INVERMERE DISTRICT HSPTL
Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.74 FTE)
Work where you matter! Interior Health’s Invermere District Hospital (IDH) invites applications for the role of Physiotherapist. IDH is looking for a knowledgeable Physiotherapist with experience in developing client evidence-based, outcome-focused intervention strategies consistent with the clients’ needs and goals that achieve optimal health outcomes.
IDH, located in Invermere, B.C., is an 8-bed Community hospital offering services including acute care, laboratory, and 24-hour emergency. As a member of the IDH multidisciplinary rehabilitation team, you will work independently and collaboratively providing physiotherapy services that include assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education of clients and/or their caregivers. This is a true generalist type of Physiotherapy role where it’s possible to see a lot of conditions from hip fractures, COPD, stroke, etc.
Reporting to the Physiotherapy Professional Practice Lead you will draw upon your ability to identify client and therapist expectations and the client’s desired functional status and quality of life; administer standardized tests and measures; promote functional independence; and enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes.
The IDH rehabilitation team is comprised of a Rehabilitation Assistant to support the therapists’ practice, Physiotherapists who provide Home Health and Community Care Services, and an Occupational Therapist.
This permanent, part-time position is providing care to the in-patients at IDH and the short-term stay clients and/or long-term care residents residing at Columbia House. Shifts are scheduled during the day Mondays to Fridays. As a permanent employee, this position is eligible for Interior Health’s 100 percent employer-paid benefit package and enrolment in Pension Plan. Relocation allowance package will be provided to an eligible candidate.
At Interior Health every person matters! We welcome receiving your application today!
Community Profile: Situated on the edge of Lake Windermere, in the valley between the Rocky and Purcell Mountain ranges, Invermere is the economic hub of the Columbia Valley and boasts a healthy tourism industry. With Fairmont and Radium hot springs nearby, Invermere offers spectacular mountain scenery and outdoor activity. Recreation and culture Year-round recreational opportunities include skiing, snowmobiling, white-water rafting, and golf. Also a birdwatcher’s paradise, Invermere celebrates the return of over 250 species of birds with its annual Wings over the Rockies Festival each May.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth