LONG–TERM CARE ATTENDANTApply Now Job ID 1404122 Date posted 05/22/2020
Facility :COLUMBIA HOUSE
Columbia House is seeking Long-term Care Attendants to join their team in Invermere! The ideal candidate has completed a health care assistant program, has current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry, and has a passion for providing person-centered care.
Columbia House, located in Invermere, embodies a resident-centered philosophy designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible. Columbia House contains 35 residential care beds, two of which are dedicated to respite/short stay as well as an Adult Day Program M-F for seven clients. Columbia House also has two garden courtyards and three separate care units, each with dining room and sitting area. All rooms are private and look out on either the courtyard or exterior grounds.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each client, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
Typical duties include:
• Assist clients with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in behavior and condition
• Accompany clients on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 37.5 hours per week. Shifts could be on days, evenings or nights as needed (shift times vary but can include 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00, and 23:00 to 07:00).
Many new employees start out in casual or temporary positions before being successful on a permanent position and having a long and rewarding career with Interior Health. This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their clients and their community. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
• Grade 10
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
Along with a copy of your resume (or CV) please provide a copy of your health care aide certificate.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth