FOOD SERVICE WORKERApply Now Job ID 1209104 Date posted 01/16/2019
Facility :INVERMERE DISTRICT HSPTL
Invermere District Hospital is looking for casual Food Service Worker to join their team! If you have a Food Safe Certificate and Grade 10 or equivalent combination of education, training and experience....Apply today!
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, positions at this level perform a variety of duties within a food service operation including:
• Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
• Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
• Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
• Assembles beverages and food items - tea, coffee, sandwiches, salads, bag lunches, items for Meals on Wheels;
• Washing dishes and utensils;
• Setting up and delivering meal carts;
• Cleaning of food service areas.
• Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, filing, writing information on menu cards
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of Work: 13:00 to 18:00, Rotating days
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live in beautiful Invermere, in the Canadian Rockies! Invermere, is situated on the shore of one of the warmest lakes in the valley, the town of Invermere is all about sun and fun. People come here to relax, to spend summer afternoons at the beach or go boating, river rafting or golfing. There are spectacular parks and hiking trails in the area. The area offers hiking, mountain biking, fishing, kayaking, white-water rafting, canoeing and wonderful camping. In the winter, snowmobiling and plenty of alpine and cross country skiing with 2 ski resorts on our doorstep. Skating on the World’s “Biggest Skating Rink”, The Whiteway is a must.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Food Safe Certificate (Completed in the last 5 years)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth