LONG–TERM CARE ATTENDANTApply Now Job ID 1398269 Date posted 05/15/2020
Community :GRAND FORKS
Facility :HARDY VIEW LODGE
Status :RELIEF PART TIME (0.61 FTE)
Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and adaptability? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our amazing team at Hardy View Lodge!
Hardy View Lodge (HVL), located in Grand Forks at Boundary Hospital, embodies a patient-centered philosophy designed to support patients’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible. This is an 80 bed facility with five cottage style units. 60 beds are all individual with showers in the bathroom area. The 20 bed unit has two semi private rooms and the remaining 16 rooms are private.
The emphasis at HVL is on teamwork and cooperation with supportive coworkers and a great group of clients and families!
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each client, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
This is a Temporary Part Time (0.61) position working a day/night rotation with shift times of
06:00 to 12:00 and 23:30 to 06:30. This position will continue until the incumbent returns and will qualify for employer paid health and welfare benefits if it extends beyond 6 months.
Typical duties include:
• Assist clients with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in behavior and condition
• Accompany clients on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
• Grade 10
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
*Along with a copy of your cover letter and resume, please upload a copy of your care aide certificate.*
This posting is for a position at a facility covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s Single Site Order and selected applicant(s) must comply with the requirements of the order.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth