ADULT DAY SERVICE WORKERApply Now Job ID 1308546 Date posted 09/12/2019
Community :GRAND FORKS
Facility :HARDY VIEW LODGE
Do you have outstanding interpersonal skills, with an excellent ability to communicate with patients and team members? We are looking for Casual Adult Day Service Workers to join our team at Hardy View Lodge in Grand Forks. Apply today!
Grand Forks is surrounded by mountains, lake and rivers that provide the perfect setting for many outdoor four-season adventures that are available year round. With a population of 4,000 Grand Forks offers a small town feel while providing all the amenities. Centrally located between Kelowna and Spokane, Grand Forks is known as the Sunshine Valley and provides a strong commitment to healthy living, affordability and great quality of life.
As the Adult Day Service Worker you will be responsible for meeting the needs of an assigned group of clients by assisting them in carrying out established programs and activity of daily living tasks. You will transport clients to organized outings.
SOME OTHER TYPICAL DUTIES OF THE ADULT DAY SERVICE WORKER:
• As determined by the Recreation Therapist, carries out individual or group leisure/recreation programs such as arts, socio-cultural events, crafts, sports, music, cooking, gardening and exercises as directed; sets up and organizes furnishing and equipment for programs and/or special events, accompanies clients to programs, teaches the techniques of related programs to clients, and oversees the clients participation and reports problems/changes to supervisor.
• Assists clients with activity of daily living (ADL) tasks in performance of duties such as using the bathroom, bathing, grooming and dressing. Reports any concerns/problems in relation to ADL care (e.g. skin breakdown) to supervisor.
• Performs Delegation of Task Duties, as assigned by supervisor, and as trained by Clinical Practice Consultant, or designate.
• Carries out resident programs outside the facility and accompanies clients.
• Leads individual one to one sessions and group programs for the clients. Able to adapt general established programs to meet the physical, social, cognitive, spiritual and emotional needs of the clients, as developed in the Participant Service Plans.
• Provides input in the evaluation of each participant’s progress by observing, reporting and charting. Reports relevant observations of client progress and behaviour by methods such as communicating concerns and/or changes in the resident’s condition to the Recreation Therapist. Provides suggestions for change or modifications to existing programs.
• Assists volunteers and/or students by providing functional direction during programs, 1:1, small groups, large groups, or special events). Demonstrates related techniques as required.
• Drives the supplied vehicle for established community outing according to relevant safety rules, regulations and standards; safely loads and unloads clients on and off the vehicle; completes and records pre-trip inspection, travel log, and follows established Fleet Guidelines for vehicle cleaning, fuelling, maintenance and incident reporting.
• Attends staff meetings, staff in-services, participates on committees, and attends work-related, and pre-approved conferences and seminars.
• Maintains inventory of equipment, tools, and materials by method such as preparing the purchase requisitions for signature and/or purchasing items through petty cash as directed by the Recreation Therapist.
• Works in a safe manner and keeps work area tidy.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Days/Hours of work: Tuesday to Friday (10:00 to 14:00)
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
-completion of a Resident Care Attendant Program;
-Two years recent related experience or a combination of education, training and experience;
-Food Safe Certificate;
-Valid Class 4 BC Driver’s License.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Please upload a copy of your Class IV Driver's License and a copy of your Care Aide/Community Health Worker certificate.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth