SWITCHBOARD/CASHIER/REGISTRATION/HEALTH RECORDS CLERKApply Now Job ID 1262220 Date posted 05/21/2019
Facility :GOLDEN & DIST HOSPITAL
Golden & District Hospital is looking for a Casual Switchboard/Cashier/Registration/Health Records Clerk to join their team.
This position performs a variety of switchboard, registration and cashier duties, such as:
• Processes calls (internal and external) and establishes communication links;
• Provides information to customers and assists in relaying messages;
• Answers emergency calls and follows established communications procedures in emergency situations;
• Maintains Physician paging system and after hours physician’s emergency lines;
• Records and organizes data to facilitate the operations of the morgue;
• Receives "On-Call" information from physicians and updates data as required;
• Receives patient porter requests and dispatches transfers to the patient porter team;
• Maintains confidentiality of classified information.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team. Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade twelve and one (1) year of recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• A current five (5) minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth