NURSING UNIT ASSISTANTApply Now Job ID 1257747 Date posted 05/07/2019
Facility :GOLDEN & DIST HOSPITAL
Golden & District Hospital is looking for Casual Nursing Unit Assistants.....Apply today!
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to the operation of a patient/resident care area, such as:
• Prioritizes, processes, coordinates and transcribes physicians’ orders;
• Acts as a communication link for the Unit;
• Schedules, books and coordinates patient/resident appointments;
• Assembles and maintains patient/resident charts, inputs patient/resident data and transcribes information into relevant systems such as MARS, Kardex, Careplan, charts or electronic health record systems;
• Clerical duties - keyboarding, data entry, filing, compiling, preparing and maintaining statistics, producing reports, delivering and picking up items, maintaining unit supply levels and meeting minutes;
• Maintains timekeeping records for regular and relief staff and submits/enters to payroll systems;
• Observes patient/resident call signals and relays messages to the appropriate personnel.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current five (5) minute Typing Test 50 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
• A Nursing Unit Clerk Certificate;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth