LONG–TERM CARE ATTENDANTApply Now Job ID 1427909 Date posted 07/31/2020
Facility :DURAND MANOR
Durand Manor in Golden, BC, is seeking casual Long-term Care Attendants to join their team! The ideal candidate has completed a health care assistant program, current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry, and a passion for providing patient-centered care.
Henry M. Durand Manor, located in Golden, embodies a resident-centered philosophy designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible. The facility is attached to Golden and District Hospital and houses 26 residential beds, 2 short term stay beds, 2 dining centres, resident lounge, bathing facilities, and an activity room.
We have a washer and dryer on site for personal laundry as well as outdoor courtyards complete with flower gardens for our residents to enjoy. The activity department provides planned activities and outings for residents and we also have adult day programs offered 3 days per week.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCA’s have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each person, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
Typical duties include:
• Assist clients with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in behavior and condition
• Accompany clients on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 37.5 hours per week.
Many new employees start out in casual or temporary positions before being successful on a permanent position and having a long and rewarding career with Interior Health. This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their clients and their community. Apply today!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
• Grade 10
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
*Along with a copy of your resume (or CV) please provide a copy of your health care aide certificate.*
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
This posting is for casual work at a facility covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s Single Site Order and selected applicant(s) must comply with the requirements of the order. The posting is open to all qualified staff but those currently working at a single site facility should note that the hiring Manager will contact the current Manager to discuss the ability to release staff.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.