LAUNDRY WORKER IIApply Now Job ID 1410177 Date posted 06/18/2020
Facility :GOLDEN & DIST HOSPITAL
Golden and District Hospital is looking for a casual Laundry Worker II to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 10, and have one year's recent related experience....Apply today!
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Laundry Services Department such as:
• Loads and unloads non-domestic conveyors, tumblers, conditioners, extractors, and dryers;
• Operates equipment such as dryers, ironers, folders, steam finishers and pressers;
• Sorts, folds, counts, and records linen for control purposes in accordance with established standards and procedures;
• Weighs linen, collects linen from user areas and distributes linen to user areas;
• In accordance with shift/site requirements supervises designated Laundry Workers I;
• Cleans work area(s) and performs routine maintenance on related equipment;
• Performs other related duties as assigned in any area of the laundry.
Hours of work: Rotating Days, 12:30 to 18:30
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to supervise.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth