REGISTERED NURSE – PERIOPERATIVE (OR)Apply Now Job ID 1399806 Date posted 05/10/2020
Facility :ELK VALLEY HOSPITAL
Interior Health’s Elk Valley Hospital (EVH) invites applications for the role of Registered Nurse (RN), Perioperative (Operating Room). EVH is looking for knowledgeable Operating Room RNs with advanced preparation in the clinical specialty perioperative nursing and one year recent, related clinical experience.
EVH is a 20-bed Level 1 Community Hospital located in Fernie, BC and offers services including inpatient, obstetrics, and emergency. There is one operating room suite where surgical procedures include gynecology/OBS, C-Section, D & C, excision of ganglion, vasectomies, surface cancer excision, hernia repair and upper and lower GI scoping. Hours of operation are weekdays Monday to Thursday with on-call overnight with the aim of 24/7 on call to support C-Section and Trauma coverage.
As member of the EVH registered nurse’s team, you will coordinate and oversee the overall care of the client and set priorities, provide clinical expertise and leadership for the plan of care, plan and implement health care treatments and interventions, and assign and delegate tasks as appropriate to other members of the healthcare team. Reporting to Manger, Clinical Operations, you will draw upon your ability to establish therapeutic relationships through the use of effective interpersonal and interviewing techniques, ensuring client choices and autonomy in decision making and care planning.
Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Casual employees receive 12.6% of their straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans. A Casual position may lead into regular employment opportunities as once hired, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent positions. Relocation Allowance package to be offered with position.
At EVH you will find a seasoned, supportive and cohesive team that will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community and world renowned vacation destination. We are building a team that ensures the highest standards of patient and family care throughout our region. Come and join our team! Apply Today!
Community Profile: Elk Valley Hospital is a busy and challenging rural hospital set in the picturesque Elk Valley in the Rocky Mountains. The hospital serves as a hub for the South Country and for the Primary and Community Health Centre’s in the neighboring communities of Sparwood and Elkford, respectively. Staff and physicians enjoy the professional and recreational opportunities they share with their colleagues as the Elk Valley boasts world class skiing, biking, fishing and hiking to name a few.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of the assigned area (perioperative nursing) and one year recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment on an operating room similar in size and scope to the facility or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
• Communication – Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
• Critical Thinking – Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
• Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice – Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
• Teaching – Ability to transmit information intended to instruct clients and others about topics essential to health care and well-being.
• Management – Manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
• Leadership – Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
• Knowledge Integration – Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice.
• Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth