MEDICAL RADIOGRAPHY TECHNOLOGISTApply Now Job ID 1468528 Date posted 11/12/2020
Facility :ELK VALLEY HOSPITAL
Elk Valley Hospital is currently seeking a Medical Radiography Technologist to join its diagnostic team in covering sick, vacation and special leaves.
Elk Valley Hospital is a Community Hospital in the East Kootenay health service area. Located in Fernie, south east BC, the hospital offers services including inpatient, obstetrics, and emergency.
The Medical Radiation Technologist performs radiographic and related duties working in conjunction with radiologists, physicians and other health care professionals.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives, verifies and processes requisitions from physicians for diagnostic imaging procedures.
• Organizes workload according to exam priority and equipment availability. Ensures adequate supplies are available for examinations/procedures.
• Prepares patient for diagnostic imaging procedures/examinations by performing duties such as explaining procedures, verifying relevant patient information.
• Performs all general duty radiographic procedures in accordance with established standards, procedures and protocols.
• Ensures relevant clinical data is collected for all procedures.
• Assesses technical quality of images and applies corrective measures where necessary. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions.
Shifts may be scheduled during Days or Evenings. Some shifts may have on-call requirements attached. Days of work rotate 24/7.
There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual on-call positions and lead to regular employment.
The successful candidate will be a critical thinker, strong communicator, advocate and able to work independently and in a multidisciplinary professional environment. If this position sounds like a fit for you, Apply Today!
• Graduate of an accredited medical radiography program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
• Eligible for membership with the BC Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (BCAMRT) and/or CAMRT.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.