FOOD SERVICE WORKER IIApply Now Job ID 1154384 Date posted 08/22/2018
Facility :ELK VALLEY HOSPITAL
Elk Valley Hospital is looking for a casual Food Service Worker II to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 10, plus one year's recent experience and a current Food Safe Certificate....Apply today!
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Operation such as:
• Portioning and serving meals and beverages within a dining room and/or cafeteria operation;
• Sets tables and trays with items including condiments, utensils, and napkins;
• Collects and unloads food service wagons;
• Washing and peeling vegetables and fruit;
• Prepares items such as meat, fish or poultry for procedures including grinding, flouring and breading;
• Counts, weighs and/or measures ingredients for assigned food preparation area;
• Prepares beverages and food items such as sandwich fillings, nourishments and therapeutic diet items including tube feedings and milkshakes;
• Washing dishes and utensils;
• Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping and washing floors, cleaning counter tops and tables;
• Clerical duties such as answering the telephone, running diet sheets off the computer and writing information on menu cards;
• Receiving supplies and checking goods received against invoices;
• Takes and records temperature of hot foods at point of service
Hours of Work: 06:50 to 15:00, 14:00 to 18:00, Rotating Days
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Situated about halfway up the western slope of the Crowsnest Pass and surrounded by snowcapped peaks, Fernie has a timeless charm. People come here for the powder – an average winter will dump almost 9m/29ft of the stuff on Fernie Alpine Resort. Winter offerings include skiing and snowboarding, cat-skiing, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling. In the spring, when snow reluctantly retreats from the Elk Valley in the Kootenay Rockies, new possibilities are revealed. These include fly-fishing, hiking, river rafting and mountain biking.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 10,
• One year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth