SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR / RECEPTIONISTApply Now Job ID 1299900 Date posted 08/21/2019
Facility :EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook, BC is looking for a Casual Switchboard Operator / Receptionist. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Certificate or Official Transcript showing proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties associated with operating the switchboard, receiving and registering patients, processing accounts receivable such as:
• Operating switchboard and public address/paging systems;
• Participates in various emergency procedures;
• Receives patients/visitors and directs to appropriate areas and checks valuables into the safe;
• Patient registration – admitting duties, arranging escorts for patients, preparing identity armbands, cards and admitting forms;
• Receiving payments for a variety of patient bills and sundry accounts, balances daily cash;
• Clerical duties - typing, compiling and distributing various documents/lists/schedules, completing data entry for admissions and patient count.
Hours of work: Rotating, Days, Evenings, Nights – 06:00 to 14:00, 14:00 to 22:00, 22:00 to 06:00, 09:00 to 17:00, 08:00 to 16:00, 08:00 to 15:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, plus
• One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard 45 wpm.
• Working knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to operate related equipment ((i.e. computer hard and software such as Windows, MS Office etc).
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with patients, visitors and employees in an effective manner.
• Ability to organize work.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth