SWITCHBOARD / CASHIER / ADMITTING CLERKApply Now Job ID 1262222 Date posted 05/21/2019
Facility :EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook, B.C. is looking for a Casual Switchboard/Cashier/Admitting Clerk.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties associated with operating the switchboard, receiving and registering patients, processing accounts receivable such as:
• Operating switchboard and public address/paging systems;
• Patient registration;
• Confirming hospital procedural appointments with physicians, nursing units and patients;
• Receiving payments for a variety of patient bills and sundry accounts, balances daily cash, prepare bank deposits and cash reports, maintain petty cash accounts;
• Clerical duties - typing, compiling and distributing various documents/lists/schedules, completing data entry for pre-admissions, admissions, discharges, and transfers;
• Receives patients/visitors and directs to appropriate areas.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces.....Be part of a dynamic team. Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12 and one year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Ability to physically carry out the duties of the position.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth