SONOGRAPHERApply Now Job ID 1426419 Date posted 08/09/2020
Facility :EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Serving a catchment area of approximately 80,000 people East Kootenay Regional Hospital (EKRH) is responsible for providing medical and surgical specialty services to patients throughout its service area.
As a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, you would be joining a collegial and cohesive Diagnostic Imaging team. EKRH has three General Ultrasound Rooms and two Echo Rooms. Approximately 17,000 General exams are completed per year and roughly 3,000 Echo exams per year.
The shifts could be days, evenings and weekends. This is a casual opportunity which means not guaranteed hours. Work requirements can vary between 0 and 37.5 hours per week. Once hired into casual positions, employees then have the opportunity to apply internally on relief and permanent positions as they become available. Many great careers begin with casual employment!
At Interior Health, we offer:
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills.
• Access to many clinical resources.
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care.
• Comprehensive benefits that include a pension plan and 100 percent employer paid insurance premiums.
• Excellent vacation entitlement.
• Relocation allowance assistance to eligible new employees.
For a challenging, growth-oriented career in a beautiful natural setting where work/life balance is valued, come to Interior Health where Every Person Matters. Apply today!
• Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
• Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (i.e. Generalist) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Abdomen/Small Parts, Obstetrics/Gynecology).
• Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.