REHABILITATION ASSISTANT – ACUTEApply Now Job ID 1443823 Date posted 09/17/2020
Facility :EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Located in Cranbrook, East Kootenay Regional Hospital (EKRH) is responsible for providing core medical and surgical specialty services to patients throughout its service area.
An opportunity exists for a Rehabilitation Assistant to join the Acute Care team at EKRH. The priority for this Rehabilitation Assistant position will be working with post-surgical clients recovering and mobilizing from hip or knee surgeries, stroke and frail elderly. Some time is required to support the SLP in communication therapy. An ideal candidate will be comfortable in the acute care setting with strong clinical background. This is an opportunity to build on a wide range of skills.
This position will work under the clinical direction of the hospital’s Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and one Speech-Language Pathologist and carry out rehabilitative treatment plans and programs. Two other Rehabilitation Assistants support the multi-disciplinary team.
Casual shifts are scheduled on an as-needed basis between 08:00 to 16:00. This position could be called in to work any day of the week from Monday to Saturday.
We invite you to discover the rewards and career satisfaction that our growing organization has to offer you. Where Every Person Matters! Apply today.
Completion of a Rehabilitation Assistant Diploma Program.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.