REGISTERED NURSE – PERIOPERATIVE (OR)Apply Now Job ID 1316371 Date posted 03/10/2020
Facility :EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Status :RELIEF PART TIME (0.80 FTE)
East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook is a 77 bed regional referral centre, serving a catchment area of approximately 80,000 people in the East Kootenays. The 4 floor facility offers 24/7 emergency services with 16 beds, a brand new state of the art 6 bed ICU and a full range of medical and surgical services.
Our Perioperative Department consists of three OR theatres and one Urology room. Operating Rooms run five days per week with emergencies on evenings and weekends. OR staff provide core services to Orthopedics, General Surgery, Gynecology, ENT, Dental, and Urology, and staff provide coverage for ambulatory clinics including endo and cataracts. We work Days (07:15 to 15:15 hours, 10:00 to 18:00, 19:00 to 15:00 hours) and Evenings (15:00 to 23:00 hours) with on-call during Nights.
We employ 10 RNs and 6 Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) in our small, cohesive team. RNs both scrub and circulate and can work in a 1 LPN:2 RNs or 1 RN:2 LPNs staffing ratio.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse, who is peri-operative certified, to join our OR team in a great working environment. This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health. We offer a competitive salary where recognition for previous experience determines starting hourly rate of pay. This position is to provide coverage until the return of incumbent in April 2021.
Community Profile: Cranbrook is a thriving city, cradled on a gentle plain by snow-capped mountains. Boasting the most sunshine in British Columbia, Cranbrook’s idyllic climate presents the perfect conditions for outdoor adventure. Hike or cycle the local trails, play a round of golf, or relax on one of the many lakes only minutes from the city. The mild winter is perfect for cross country and alpine skiing at nearby resorts, or snowmobiling on the almost limitless network of trails. For more urban pursuits, Cranbrook offers shopping, cafés, sports arenas and a lively arts and cultural community. With Cranbrook’s magnificent scenery, friendly people, and abundant activities, it is the ultimate location to live, work and play.
We invite you to discover the rewards and career satisfaction that our growing organization has to offer you.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
• Advanced preparation in the clinical specialty of perioperative nursing and one year recent related clinical experience in the assigned practice environment in an operating room similar in size and scope to the facility.
Skills and Abilities:
• Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
• Communication – Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
• Critical Thinking – Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
• Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice – Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
• Teaching – Ability to transmit information intended to instruct clients and others about topics essential to health care and well-being.
• Management – Manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
• Leadership – Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
• Knowledge Integration – Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice.
• Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth