PHYSIOTHERAPIST – INPATIENT ACUTE CAREApply Now Job ID 1269762 Date posted 06/05/2019
Facility :EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook is a 77 bed regional referral centre, serving a catchment area of approximately 80,000 people in the East Kootenays. The 4 floor facility offers 24/7 emergency services with 16 beds, a brand new state of the art 6 bed ICU, a full range of medical and surgical services including Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Surgery, and Orthopedics.
Physiotherapists work in Inpatient Acute Care and Outpatient Services. We are a team of six Physiotherapists.
We are presently seeking Physiotherapists who are interested in joining EKRH in a Casual employment basis. Casual employment means there are no guarantee of hours and work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Casual employees receive 12.6 percent of straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, Casual employees have the option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans.
When working as Casual hours will be 8 am to 4 pm and may fall on any of the 7 days within a week. If you are passionate about hospital care and are looking for an opportunity to join the Physiotherapy team in Cranbrook’s EKRH, we would love to hear from you!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
• Valid BC Driver’s license where required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth