PATHOLOGISTS ASSISTANTApply Now Job ID 1211390 Date posted 02/05/2019
Facility :EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
If you are an experienced Pathologist’s Assistant who is looking for an opportunity to grow your career in a beautiful natural setting; then consider joining our welcoming Laboratory team at the East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook, BC.
We have a permanent full-time opportunity within our team for a Pathologist’s Assistant/Grade III Medical Lab Technologist. The successful incumbent will perform a variety of tasks associated with the gross examination of surgical pathology specimens and post-mortem examinations for medical cases under the direction of a Pathologist.
Typical duties and responsibilities are:
• Prepares gross examination and completes dissection and dictation of surgical specimen
• Prepares tissues for microscopic examination for frozen section analysis, including orientation, cutting and staining
• Performs post-mortem examinations for medical purposes
• Organizes clinical information and correct legal authorizations for post-mortem
• Maintains accurate records of work including manually and electronically using the Laboratory Information System (LIS) or other computer systems and programs
• Maintains equipment and work area, performs regular maintenance and quality control and troubleshooting of instruments
Interior Health offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits and pension plan, excellent vacation entitlement and relocation assistance. Work environments to support your growth and development, access to progressive clinical resources and a network of skilled interdisciplinary health care professionals.
To find out more about this community: https://cranbrooktourism.com/
Graduation from an approved program in Medical Laboratory Science and/or Master’s Pathologist Assistant Program or equivalent.
Eligible for certification with the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS), or membership with Canadian Association of Pathologists (CAP).
3 years' recent surgical and autopsy pathology experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth