Pandemic Response Administrative Support ClerkApply Now Job ID 1600709 Date posted 09/15/2021
Facility :ROCKY MOUNTAIN LODGE
Status :PROJECT POSITION PART TIME (0.73 FTE)
Interior Health is recruiting for a Project Part Time Pandemic Response Administrative Support Clerk to join their team at Rocky Mountain Lodge in Cranbrook...Apply today!
This position performs duties such as word processing, data entry, preparing routine correspondence and reports, responding to inquiries, collecting fees, filing, operating office equipment, and maintaining inventories of equipment and supplies.
This position provides Administrative Services by performing a variety of administrative support functions. Duties may include:
• Maintains data management software programs by gathering, organizing, collecting, collating and verifying information as well as performing data entry.
• Schedules and confirms Client appointments using a variety of methods, obtains client information and completes documentation as required.
• Performs reception duties such as answering telephones, receiving and relaying messages, receiving and directing visitors.
• Types general correspondence such as letters, memos, newsletters, forms, reports and documents. Prepares presentations using a variety of software programs. As directed arranges meetings, types agendas, takes and transcribes minutes of notes and meetings and disseminates. Books travel arrangements for staff as required.
• Receives sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing correspondence such as faxes, mail, couriers, etc.
• Performs records management duties including setting up and maintaining filing systems, indexing files and materials to be filed, preparing and archiving material, preparing material for offsite storage and destruction.
• Receives, records, checks, balances cash transactions, including receiving payments, issuing receipts and maintaining petty cash. Makes bank deposits as necessary.
• Informs supervisor or designated authority of fleet vehicle and building maintenance and repair requirements.
• Performs general timekeeping functions including calling in relief staff from an established list, tracking hours worked and data entering timesheets, reviewing timesheets for accuracy. Communicates with staff in relation to these functions.
• May deal with clients who may be confused, anxious, angry or difficult, determining from information received or observed behaviors whether a crisis/emergent situations exists, and obtain immediate assistance if necessary.
• Assists with orientation of staff by performing duties such as demonstrating work procedures. Provides input and feedback in relation to work procedures.
• Performs other related duties as required
Hours of Work: Rotating Days - 08:30 – 16:30, 4 on 4 off rotation
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
• 4-Step Wage Progression;
• Comprehensive Employee Benefits – BC Medical Services Plan, Dental Plan, Extended Health Care Plan, and Life Insurance – all Employer paid;
• Municipal Pension Plan;
• Generous vacation entitlement starting at 3 weeks in full time positions;
• Continuing Education program; and
• Disability & Wellness Programs.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Education and Experience:
Grade 12 plus one year recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills & Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to prioritize and organize work.
Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Ability to problem solve.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Ability to deal with the others in a professional manner using tact and good judgment.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Knowledge of general office procedures and the ability to operate related equipment including computer applications.
**Along with your CV (resume), please submit your High School Diploma - Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.