OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST – INPATIENT ACUTE CAREApply Now Job ID 1406246 Date posted 05/31/2020
Facility :EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Interior Health’s East Kootenay Regional Hospital (EKRH) invites applications for the role of Occupational Therapist (Occupational Therapist). EKRH is looking for Occupational Therapists knowledgeable in the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia.
EKRH, located in Cranbrook, BC, is a 77 bed regional referral centre, serving a catchment area of approximately 82,000 people in the East Kootenays. The 4-floor facility offers 24/7 emergency services with 16 beds, a brand new state of the art 6-bed ICU, a full range of medical and surgical services including Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Pathology, Psychiatry and Radiology and Urology.
As member of the EKRH rehabilitation team, you will join Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, a Speech-Language Pathologist and Rehabilitation Assistants in Acute Care focused services. You will provide occupational therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education of clients and/or their caregivers to promote functional independence and enable the client to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes.
Reporting to Professional Practice Leader Occupational Therapy, you will draw upon your ability to identify and assess occupational performance issues important to the client utilizing an evidence-based approach and implement occupational therapy services developing diverse intervention approaches including evaluating those approaches for quality reassurance and in meeting the client’s goals and needs.
Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Casual employees receive 12.6% of their straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, there is option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans. A Casual position may lead into regular employment opportunities as once hired, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions.
At EKRH you will find a seasoned, supportive and cohesive team that will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community and world renowned recreational destination. We are building a team that ensures the highest standards of patient and family care for rehabilitation services throughout our region. Come and join our expanding team! Apply Today!
Community Profile: Located in the Southeastern corner of British Columbia, Cranbrook is the business capital of the East Kootenays and the largest city in the Rocky Mountain Region. Nestled on a gentle plain with scenic mountain vistas in the distance, it is considered by many to be an ideal location to raise a family or retire. Boasting more hours of sunshine than anywhere else in the province, its residents enjoy a variety of outdoor recreational opportunities including golf, hiking and skiing. For those who enjoy more urban pursuits, there are shops, boutiques and cafés, as well as an arts centre and heritage attractions. Cranbrook’s economy is driven primarily by mining, forestry, transportation and tourism.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC).
• Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists.
• Valid BC Driver’s license.
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth