NURSING UNIT ASSISTANTApply Now Job ID 1304704 Date posted 09/10/2019
Facility :EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook, BC is looking for a Casual Nursing Unit Assistant. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
• A Nursing Unit Assistant Certificate;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to the operation of a patient/resident care area, such as:
• Prioritizes, processes, coordinates and transcribes physicians’ orders;
• Acts as a communication link for the Unit;
• Schedules, books and coordinates patient/resident appointments;
• Assembles and maintains patient/resident charts, inputs patient/resident data and transcribes information into relevant systems such as MARS, Kardex, Careplan, charts or electronic health record systems;
• Clerical duties - keyboarding, data entry, filing, compiling, preparing and maintaining statistics, producing reports, delivering and picking up items, maintaining unit supply levels and meeting minutes;
• Maintains timekeeping records for regular and relief staff and submits/enters to payroll systems;
• Observes patient/resident call signals and relays messages to the appropriate personnel.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 10:00 to 15:30.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
• Grade 12,
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk Program and Medical Terminology, Plus
• One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 40 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard 40 w.p.m.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to utilize a variety of computer software applications.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth