FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISORApply Now Job ID 1202960 Date posted 12/28/2018
Facility :EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Interior Health is hiring a Casual Food Service Supervisor for the East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook, BC.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Food Services Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Food Service operations in the designated facilities.
The typical duties and responsibilities of a Food Services Supervisor include:
• Supervises designated staff by scheduling and co-ordinating work assignments, determining related training and orientation requirements, and providing feedback to employees.
• In consultation with the Clinical Dietician, plans menus and develops recipes according to nutritional and therapeutic diet needs of the patients/residents.
• Estimates food requirements, and orders and receives supplies and resolves discrepancies with suppliers.
• Visits patients/residents and/or family members to obtain and exchange diet-related information.
• Monitors expenditures for assigned areas; makes recommendations regarding budget allocations and resolves discrepancies for the assigned areas.
• Evaluates meals being served to ensure established standards of quality and quantity are maintained.
• Coordinates meal preparation, pricing and other related duties for community based services such as Meals on Wheels
• Assists in co-ordinating and maintaining facility in-house services by coordinating cafeteria services including pricing, staffing allotment, coordinating closure of cafeteria and securing money upon closure.
• Performs recommended audits to ensure that established food service and quality assurance standards are met.
• Monitors the storage of food, supplies and related items.
Hours of work: 07:30 to 15:30, 11:00 to 19:00, or 09:00 to 17:00 Rotating Days
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
To learn more about Support Services at Interior Health, Click Here
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Come and join us!
• Graduation from a recognized two-year program in Food Service Supervision, plus;
• One year's recent, related experience.
**Please upload copies of Food Service Program and Food Safe Certificates.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth