AUDIOMETRIC TECHNICIANApply Now Job ID 1255246 Date posted 05/24/2019
Facility :ROCKY MOUNTAIN LODGE
Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.51 FTE)
Under the general direction and supervision of the site Audiologist, the Audiometric Technician provides clinical, technical, financial and administrative services to support the delivery of clinical care primarily to children and vulnerable adults who may be at risk of, or who have a hearing loss.
Typical Duties and/or Responsibilities:
1. Conducts general Audiometric tests such as pure tone hearing screening and/or testing, otoacoustic emissions screening, impedance screening and sound level measurements using equipment such as audiometers, hearing aid analyzers and sound level meters. Instructs clients/families on procedures, records test results, and discusses test results with the Audiologist.
2. Assists the Audiologist in conducting hearing evaluations of young children and “difficult to test” clients.
3. Performs the physical fitting and modifications of custom hearing aids and couplers/earmolds. Takes ear impressions of clients by performing such duties as visual inspection of the ear and canal, inserting impression material, ordering earmolds/acoustic couplers and checking them for accuracy.
4. Provides client care and support and client follow up.
5. Maintains function of auditory equipment by monitoring, checking, and performing initial troubleshooting, basic repairs, maintenance and adjustments on auditory equipment.
6. Provides program and community support by preparing presentation materials; presenting educational sessions and information to caregivers, staff, School District staff, participants at Health Fairs/Baby Talk etc, outside agencies and the public.
7. Participates in audiometric screening activities in clinical and community settings, such as schools, by performing duties such as assisting in the provision of training and monitoring of screening personnel, collecting, recording and reporting Health Program data according to prescribed methods.
8. Performs financial transactions and maintains petty cash account.
9. Maintains supply of Auditory equipment by ordering, tracking orders, receiving and checking orders, and verifies accuracy of invoices/warranties/costs.
10. Performs administrative support duties.
11. Contributes to program development and quality improvement by participating in relevant meetings, educational and training events and providing input and feedback into applicable policy development.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Shifts will be rotating Days working 08:30 to 15:15 on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (this schedule may be somewhat flexible so long as it meets the minimum service requirements for the program). This position also requires occasional travel to Creston and Fernie.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, where every person matters.
• Post secondary diploma in a health or social services field and one year recent related experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
• Previous experience with the BC Early Hearing Program is an asset.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth