COOKApply Now Job ID 1179511 Date posted 10/19/2018
Facility :DR. HELMCKEN MEM HOSPITAL
Interior Health is hiring a Casual Cook for Dr. Helmcken Memorial Hospital in Clearwater, BC.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, reporting to the Food/Support Service Supervisor (or designate), this position performs duties related to the preparation and cooking of food items; portioning and serving food, washing and cleaning kitchen equipment, utensils and designated cooking/work stations.
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Food Service Department such as:
• Prepares assigned food items by following established menus, recipes and quantity quotas;
• Plans preparation and cooking schedule;
• Cooks and seasons assigned food and therapeutic diet items such as, soups, sauces, salads, starches, meats and other protein menu items, vegetables and desserts;
• Controls portioning of food items to ensure recipe yield meets assigned quantity quotas;
• Maintains established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste;
• Cleans cooking area and equipment;
• Assigns tasks to designated food service workers and provides related training and orientation;
• Checks returned diet trays for items not consumed and makes substitutions according to therapeutic diet;
• Portions out and serves food and beverages within dining areas;
• Performs other related duties.
Hour of Work: 07:00 - 15:00, 15:00 - 19:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized 12-month program in quantity cooking, or;
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of this position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth