PHYSIOTHERAPIST – URGENT AND PRIMARY CARE CENTREApply Now Job ID 1456157 Date posted 10/15/2020
Facility :CASTLEGAR DIST HLTH CTR
Interior Health’s Castlegar Urgent and Primary Care Centre (UPCC) invites applications for the role of Physiotherapist.
Castlegar UPCC is looking for a knowledgeable Physiotherapist with experience in developing client evidence-based, outcome-focused intervention strategies consistent with the clients’ needs and goals that achieve optimal health outcomes. The Castlegar UPCC will provide same-day, urgent primary care services to patients living in Castlegar and surrounding communities, utilizing a Team-Based Care delivery model.
As a member of the Castlegar UPCC team, you will work independently and collaboratively providing physiotherapy services to support regular, ongoing health care for people who do not have a primary care provider and urgently needed primary care services for those who cannot see their doctor quickly enough to meet their current health need. Reporting to the Manager, Clinical Operations you will provide physiotherapy services including assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education of clients and/or their caregivers to promote functional independence and enable the client to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes.
Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Casual employees receive 12.6 percent of straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, Casual employees have the option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans.
If you are passionate about working in a fast-paced, exciting environment as part of team, this may be the opportunity for you!
Community Profile: Located in the Selkirk Mountain range, Castlegar has become known as one of the most desirable places to live in the region. A vibrant mix of commerce, recreation, and community makes Castlegar an easy choice for a comfortable and active way of life. Natural beauty and rugged adventure is at your doorstep in Castlegar with its biking and hiking trails and world-class skiing at nearby Red Mountain. Kayaking adventures are also very popular on the Slocan River. Castlegar is hub-central for exploring life’s tickle trunk of outdoor activity in the West Kootenay. Camp, hike, shop, golf, fish, mountain bike, pursue arts and culture, or capture wildlife on your camera.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Current registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
• Valid BC Driver’s license where required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.