PATIENT REGISTRATION CLERKApply Now Job ID 1292936 Date posted 08/08/2019
Facility :CASTLEGAR DISTRICT HSPTL
Castlegar District Hospital is looking for a Casual Patient Registration Clerk to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 12, plus two year's recent experience, a current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater and proof of Medical Terminology Course....Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week).
This position performs clerical and patient registration duties such as:
• Patient Registration duties: interviewing patients/relatives to obtain personal information and proof of eligibility, explaining hospital policy on matters such as room deposits and room differentials, completing/printing registration forms using the computerized admission/discharge/transfer system, following up as necessary to verify patient eligibility for hospital programs coverage, Completes pre-admission documentation by telephoning patients to obtain personal information and eligibility information;
• Checks daily admissions and registrations;
• Cashier duties: receiving payments for a variety of patient bills and sundry accounts, recording payments in cash journals and/or summary sheets, issuing change and receipts;
• Schedules and books outpatient appointments;
• Receives, checks and deposits patient valuables for safekeeping;
• Admitting clerical duties: typing, compiling and distributing various documents/lists/schedules, completing data entry for pre-admissions, admissions, discharges, and transfers using appropriate software, reviewing patient lists and/or schedules to verify pre-admission requirements, maintaining filing systems;
• Receives patients/visitors, provides information and directs to appropriate areas;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 16:30
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth