ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES ASSISTANTApply Now Job ID 1258436 Date posted 05/09/2019
Facility :CASTLEGAR DISTRICT HSPTL
Castlegar District Hospital is looking for a Casual Administrative Services Assistant to join their team! If you hold an Office Administration Certificate, plus one year's recent experience, a current Typing Test 40 wpm and a current valid BC Driver's license....Apply today!
This position performs reception duties and administrative support functions such as:
• Maintains data management software programs by performing data entry, gathering, organizing, collecting, collating and verifying information. Prepares statistical information by gathering and compiling data and developing charts and graphs;
• Schedules and confirms client appointments;
• Performs reception duties such as answering telephones, receiving and relaying messages, receiving and directing visitors. Responds to general inquiries from staff, public and others, exercising discretion in the release of information. Maintains contact directories;
• Receives, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing correspondence such as faxes, mail, couriers, etc.;
• Performs records management duties including setting up and maintaining filing systems, indexing files and materials to be filed, preparing and archiving material;
• Receives, records, checks and balances cash transactions;
• Initiates purchases via purchase card or purchase orders for supplies and checks invoices against orders; maintains inventories of supplies and forms by monitoring inventory levels, identifying requirements. Receives orders, distributes and stores supplies;
• Operates office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, printers, fax machines and shredders;
• Performs general timekeeping functions including calling in relief staff from an established list, tracking hours worked and data entering timesheets, reviewing timesheets for accuracy;
• May deal with clients who may be confused, anxious, angry or difficult.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education and Experience:
Grade 12, a certificate from a recognized office administration certificate program, plus one year recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current valid BC Driver’s License.
Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Ability to organize and prioritize
• Ability to type at 40 wpm
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients
• Knowledge of nursing equipment
• Knowledge of sterilization techniques and procedures
• Business writing skills
To apply, please submit your application and include:
• A current five (5) minute Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution;
• An Office Administration Certificate;
• A current valid BC Driver’s License;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth