MANAGER, PHARMACY SERVICES – IH WESTApply Now Job ID 1179377 Date posted 10/24/2018
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Located in the beautiful IH West Region of Interior Health, this area includes communities such as Kamloops, Williams Lake, Revelstoke and Salmon Arm.
Functioning as a leader, mentor, and change agent, the Manager, Pharmacy Services is responsible and accountable for clinical leadership and operational management of Pharmacy Services in four hospitals. These hospitals are located in Kamloops, Williams Lake, 100 Mile House and Salmon Arm . The Manager is also responsible for assigned strategic initiatives throughout Interior Health (IH) in accordance with Pharmacy goals and direction. As a member of the Pharmacy management team, the Manager will plan, coordinate, implement, evaluate, and monitor Pharmacy Services based on patient care and organizational needs. In consultation with leadership teams and other stakeholders, the Manager participates in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives, standards, policies, and procedures. The Manager provides recommendations, advice, and council to clinical, administrative, and medical leaders regarding appropriate and safe medication management.
Working with other IH pharmacy leaders, the Manager participates on and chairs internal and external committees related to Pharmacy Services, professional practice, medication safety, drug distribution, and other related pharmacy topics.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages and oversees Pharmacy Services by planning, coordinating, monitoring, implementing, and evaluating all aspects of Pharmacy Services based on the clinical and operational needs in assigned areas.
• Ensures pharmacy services are delivered effectively, efficiently, consistently, and according to established quality standards.
• Provides direction for prioritized clinical and drug distribution services for the geographic area of responsibility and ensures that pharmacy services comply with current legislation, professional standards, and organizational policies.
• Develops and implements goals, objectives, standards, policies, and procedures that support short- and long-term strategic plans.
• Leads quality improvement initiatives that promote appropriate, timely, and safe medication management. Participates in quality improvement initiatives, risk management, and occupational health and safety programs relating to Pharmacy Services.
• Collaborates with medical and clinical staff in developing responsive pharmacy patient care programs.
• Manages staff by recruiting, hiring, disciplining, and terminating staff as required. Provides mentoring and coaching to Professional Practice Leaders and Coordinators as required. Completes performance evaluations and prepares staff development and training plans.
• Participates in labour relations activities as required; interprets collective agreements and legislation in consultation with Human Resources.
• Prepares written proposals for program funding, capital investments, or quality improvement initiatives.
• Keeps abreast of advances in technologies related to pharmacy practice; evaluates and makes recommendations as appropriate.
• Manages financial resources by preparing the budget for approval, monitoring the budget, identifying variances, and taking corrective action required in order to maintain a balanced budget.
• Promotes and participates in quality improvement initiatives, risk management, and occupational health and safety programs for Pharmacy Services.
• Ensures statistics and reports are prepared and submitted as required.
• Represents IH Pharmacy Services on internal and external committees and IH planning groups.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• A Bachelor’s or Doctor of Pharmacy degree.
• A Master’s degree in Health, Public, or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Active license in good standing with the College of Pharmacists of BC.
• Active membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists.
• Seven years of recent, related pharmacy management experience in an acute healthcare setting that encompassed clinical services and advanced drug distribution systems.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to guide individuals toward the vision of IH and Pharmacy Services while fostering teamwork and commitment to excellence.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and support change in accordance with Pharmacy goals.
• Demonstrated ability to identify variances and implement strategies that lead to desired outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, plan, organize, manage, and supervise staff.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of management and staff.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, medical staff, colleagues, patients, and the public.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and manage projects.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions and time constraints.
• Applies problem-solving, critical thinking, decision-making, and system analysis skills.
• Hold a valid BC Driver’s License. Access to a personal car may be required.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth