HEALTH INFORMATION PRACTITIONERApply Now Job ID 1411748 Date posted 06/13/2020
Interior Health is seeking casual Health Information Practitioners for many of our sites. In your application, please specify the location you are applying to:
• Kelowna General Hospital
• Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops, B.C.
• Vernon Jubilee Hospital
• Penticton Regional Hospital
• East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook, B.C.
• Kootenay Boundary Hospital in Trail, B.C.
The Health Information Practitioner performs technical functions such as coding, abstracting, retrieval of computerized data and processing of medical and legal correspondence. The skills and knowledge of the Health Information Practitioner support clinical research and provide the information for medical and health care statistics. You'll love working within a friendly and supportive team environment, and will enjoy a stimulating organizational culture.
The successful applicant participates in the quality improvement program of Health Information Management Services to ensure compliance with established guidelines, external regulatory and accreditation requirements and to ensure consistency of quality data for the organization’s internal data needs and identify, investigate and prevent violations.
Interior Health offers the opportunity to maximize your skills! We are an organization that provides you with room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized program for Health Information Practitioners. Certified by the Canadian College of Health Information Management and eligible for active membership with Canadian Health Information Management Association.
• Knowledge of protection of privacy and freedom of information legislation, patient’s rights to confidentiality and legal requirements for the production of records
• Knowledge of health information systems and database management, statistical calculations, and interpretation of reports from administrative and clinical databases.
• One year’s recent related experience in a HIMS department of an acute care health care facility or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth