HEALTH & WELLNESS ASSISTANTApply Now Job ID 1510807 Date posted 02/23/2021
Status :TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
Interior Health is hiring a term specific full time Health & Wellness Assistant to join our Human Resources – Workplace Health & Safety department. The term for this position is until March 15, 2022 or the return of the incumbent. The location for this position is flexible within the Interior Health region.
The Health & Wellness Assistant provides confidential administrative, research, reporting, and technical support to designated team members within Workplace Health & Safety (WH&S) in Interior Health (IH). The Health and Safety Assistant functions as a first point of contact for the assigned area(s) and directs both internal and external customers to the appropriate staff at both the corporate and the Health Service or Program Area levels to address their identified needs.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Responds to routine enquiries, answers telephone, take messages, and re-directs calls as required. Monitors WH&S general email inboxes and responds or redirects as appropriate.
2. Maintains tracking system for relevant metrics such as inspection reports. Accesses data for various initiatives as directed. Maintains reports and statistics and conducts research for WH&S Advisors, Leads, and Manager, as required.
3. Provides support to the designated team members by assisting in the preparation of program materials such as posters/pamphlets, flow charts, surveys, and educational materials.
4. Coordinates meetings, including preparing and distributing agenda and minutes, and sets up equipment for conferencing. Serves as the recorder for designated committee/WH&S team meetings, following up on administrative action items as required.
5. Coordinates appointments and makes conference, travel, and accommodation arrangements for WH&S Managers and team members. Provides administrative support for special events.
6. Processes and codes invoices and expenses and reconciles credit card statements. Tracks expenses and ensures appropriate documentation is completed. Assists in the preparation of budget reports.
7. Prepares and designs a variety of presentation material; may assist with the delivery or deliver presentations. Organizes logistics of presentations including communication, booking of facilities, and setting up rooms and equipment.
8. Provides support on special projects by researching, compiling, and summarizing information. Gathers and prepares statistics and information for briefing notes, monthly reports, etc. for WH&S Managers and team members.
9. Provides support for assigned WH&S programs and systems such as First Aid Certification, Violence Risk Assessments, WHMIS, WSBC Inspection Reports, influenza campaign, baseline immunizations, Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committees, WSBC appeal filing, etc.
10. Assists Manager and leads with a variety of human resource transactions such as initiating personnel requisitions and hiring and terminating employees via the e-Staffing application.
11. Performs a variety of clerical duties such as preparing communications for signature, faxing, and photocopying. Orders office supplies and support materials and oversees the maintenance of office equipment.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
For a challenging, growth-oriented career in a beautiful natural setting where balanced lifestyle choices abound, come to Interior Health and join our quest to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of BC.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized secretarial or office assistant program.
• A minimum of three years of related experience in Workplace Health & Safety or Human Resources.
• An appropriate combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with SharePoint/WebEx-type software.
• Ability to model professionalism and integrity.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with people from all levels of the organization.
• Capability to organize and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced working environment.
• Sound judgment and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to innovate and streamline processes in ever-changing environments.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.