DIRECTOR, DIGITAL HOSPITAL SERVICES & PROJECTSApply Now Job ID 1326984 Date posted 10/30/2019
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
We are seeking an experienced transformational change expert for this exciting and challenging new role.
The preferred worksite location is Kamloops but worksite flexibility within the Interior Health region is possible.
The Director, Digital Hospital Services & Projects will oversee initiatives furthering the electronic health record at our acute hospitals. This will include a variety of Digital Hospital projects with a focus on the Aligning Care Electronically (ACE) project implementing the Meditech advanced clinical systems functionality across the Royal Inland Hospital.
This transformative initiative is the first comprehensive advanced clinical systems implementation in the acute tertiary services environment at Interior Health (IH) and a major milestone in achieving the strategic objectives laid out in the IH IMIT strategic plan. ACE will focus on improved quality and patient safety through a variety of workflow changes and digital technology. This project aims to implement electronic clinical documentation for all providers, computerized physician order entry, medication verification, integrated medical equipment and the replacement of paper workflow functionality. Implementation of medical nomenclature mapping software and clinical order set management software are also in scope. A key focus of this role will be to work towards a regional and scalable standard that can be implemented at future sites under the Digital Hospital Strategy.
The Director recognizes the scale and fundamental nature of change these types of initiatives imposes on such a complex, multi-disciplinary environment. The Director draws on his/her knowledge and past experience with similar integrated clinical information system initiatives, or clinical transformation initiatives, to lead all the stakeholders of this multi-year initiative through to a successful outcome. This position will be expected to engage senior leadership across the organization to effectively communicate the vision of this project and it’s alignment to Interior Health’s strategic objectives as well as the provincial Digital Health Strategy collaborating with other Health Authorities and provincial leaders as required.
• An advanced degree in Health Information Systems, a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of experience and post-secondary education.
• A minimum of 7-10 years of experience with a proven track record in the senior management or executive leadership of complex, multi-disciplinary, clinical information systems or clinical transformation initiatives.
• Experience in the collaborative development of transformational strategies in a highly complex multidisciplinary environment.
• Experience in the creation, adaptation, and implementation of project management processes, methodologies, and techniques to support the organizational needs.
• Experience in the change management processes required to manage change associated with complex multi-disciplinary transformative initiatives
• Professional Project Manager (PMP) designation or an equivalent Project Management certification.
Skills and Abilities:
• Talent for leading people with integrity and trust.
• Experience establishing governance and building a collaborative and mutually supportive team environment.
• Experience in engaging senior leadership to communicate vision and establish buy in
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels of the organization and possessing political awareness in a healthcare environment.
• Ability to oversee multiple complex projects and initiatives
• Experience managing and working with external contractors and advisory organizations
• Demonstrated ability to foster the potential of others by managing, coaching, and developing staff.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, oversee, and direct significant, complex initiatives with multiple projects and multiple project teams in a large complex organization.
• Demonstrated ability in developing and overseeing effective change management plans to support affected stakeholders through significant and multiple periods of change.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver engaging, informative, and well-organized communications including presentations.
• Experience in facilitating multi-disciplined workshops to develop solutions to complex problems and/or consensus on new processes in a timely fashion.
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a highly dynamic, fast-paced, continually changing environment.
• Experience with leading software configuration, data conversion, and software implementations in a large complex environment.
• Knowledge of and experience with MEDITECH is an asset.
• Ability to travel.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth