COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANTApply Now Job ID 1206892 Date posted 01/11/2019
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Are you a storyteller who thinks strategically about digital and social communications and is skilled at producing communications tools for the digital age? Do you know how to juggle multiple priorities and projects ranging from events to crisis communications? If your toolkit contains strong written and verbal communication skills, an expertise in internal and external communications, and a talent for looking for new and innovative ways to share information with your audiences including video, then we want you!
Interior Health is seeking a permanent full time Communications Consultant to join their team. This position can be located in either Kamloops or Kelowna.
The Communications Consultant works closely with Interior Health (IH) leaders to develop strategic communications that inform and engage large, IH-wide audiences including employees, medical staff, and volunteers, as well as external audiences.
The Consultant is responsible for developing, managing, and delivering high-quality, timely communication content and plans for an assigned client group. The Consultant develops and maintains collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as the Communications team in order to meet their clients’ needs in a manner that supports the organization’s business objectives and reflects IH’s values and goals.
Additionally, the Consultant works collaboratively with Portfolio members, contributing his/her particular expertise and skills as required, in support of communication content and plans assigned to other Specialists.
This position requires a high-energy, self-directed, deadline-oriented individual with exceptional communication skills. Tact, discretion, teamwork, and excellent customer service skills are imperative. Membership in any or all of International Association of Public Participation (IAP2), International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) or the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) is an asset.
Education, Training, and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree specializing in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years or recent, related experience.
• An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, with demonstrated results in communications will also be considered.
• Previous experience in employee or corporate communications and knowledge of the healthcare operating environment are an asset.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work as part of a collaborative, high performance team.
• Demonstrated understanding of communications, marketing and public or media relations best practices.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication and proof-reading skills.
• Ability to develop, implement, and evaluate strategic, operational, and issues management-related communication.
• Ability to effectively work with senior leaders and other stakeholders in a wide variety of settings across the organization.
• Strong understanding of political and health care environment, including local and regional councils and leadership structures in British Columbia.
• Creative and skilled in presenting content visually through various media (websites, social media, presentations, videos, print, etc.)
• Ability to set priorities and be results-oriented.
• Ability to remain calm, alert, and high functioning under stressful situations.
• Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive issues with skill, tact, and diplomacy.
• Problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth