Co–Op Student, BusinessApply Now Job ID 1734448 Date posted 06/23/2022
Interior Health (IH) is hiring a Business Co-op Student to join the Business Strategy department. The term for this position is from September to December 2022. The location for this position is flexible within the Interior Health region.
What will you work on?
Reporting to the Manager, Partnerships and Land Management, the student position will provide assistance to the Business Strategy and broader CFO leadership team which includes areas such as financial reporting and analysis, strategic partnerships and planning, budget management and capital finance. You will work with a wide variety of people within the finance portfolio (business directors and consultants, controller, accountants, managers and financial analysts).
The student position will support various projects and tasks which may include:
• compiling and analyzing data
• supporting policy development
• ensuring databases and systems are up-to date
• reviewing data samples for financial and audit functions
• Providing cost summaries for staffing rotations
• Creating and presenting information to finance teams
These tasks will require working both with a team and independently, while having support and supervision by a remote manager, mentor or designate.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
For a challenging, growth-oriented career in a beautiful natural setting where balanced lifestyle choices abound, come to Interior Health and join our quest to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of B.C.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Enrollment in post-secondary program. Preference may be given to a student working towards a degree in Business Administration, Management, or Commerce.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work with colleagues effectively
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to use Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Familiarity with SharePoint and/or webpage design would be an asset; ability to quickly learn computer programs and systems
• Strong computer skills
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships.