CAREER OPPORTUNITIES FOR THERAPY ASSISTANTS – EAST KOOTENAY REGIONApply Now Job ID 1202560 Date posted 02/01/2019
Interior Health is located in the Southern Interior of BC and is a publically-funded health authority. We provide a wide range of integrated health-care programs and services. Many of our services are offered in the hospitals we operate; however, we also a wide variety of other important services.
With the goal of promoting healthy lifestyles and providing needed health services in a timely, caring, and efficient manner, to the highest professional and quality standards, we are seeking Rehabilitation Assistant candidates for various career opportunities available with Interior Health’s worksites in Kimberley, Cranbrook and Creston, BC. Interior Health offers relocation allowance support for these roles.
Career opportunities are available in:
• Temporary Part-time (0.80 FTE) with F.W. Green Home. A long term care facility designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible. This facility is a 60 bed facility (53 long term care beds). The Rehabilitation Assistant carries out rehabilitative treatment plans and programs and assists the therapist in monitoring and evaluating patients/residents’ progression.
• Permanent Part-time (0.77 FTE) with Swan Valley Lodge. This facility is a long-term care, 90 bed facility and includes a max of six respite/convalescent beds and a 23 bed dementia unit. In addition to supporting therapy with the short stay and long term care clients there is a tiny bit of outreach involved in this role.
• Permanent Part-time (0.79 FTE) with Kimberley Special Care Home. The facility consists of 53 residential beds, 2 flexible short stay beds, and 24 hour nursing service with Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Assistant services.
The East Kootenay region is situated along the Rocky Mountains providing lush green forests, clear glacier-fed lakes, and spectacular alpine meadows. Visitors and residents are drawn to the scenic East Kootenay area for the world-class recreational activities, strong cultural presence and the abundance of sunshine. Rated as the sunniest city in Canada, Cranbrook boasts more sunshine hours per year than anywhere else in the country. The outdoor enthusiast can find almost any activity in East Kootenay including hang gliding, river rafting, heli-skiing, hiking, camping, skiing, fishing and snowmobiling - just to name a few. From rodeos to music festivals to live theatre, there is always a community event extending a warm welcome.
Interior Health offers:
• Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits package for you and immediate family members
• Generous vacation entitlement
• Continuing professional development
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Liability insurance
• Work-Life Balance
If you are passionate about Rehabilitation Therapy and are looking your next career move, we would love to hear from you!
*Please upload a copy of your Therapy Assistant Diploma with your application*
Education, Training and Experience:
* Completion of a recognized two-year Therapy Assistant or Rehabilitation Assistant Program.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth