1–NURSES/LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSES COVID-19 EXPRESSION OF INTERESTApply Now Job ID 1383966 Date posted 03/24/2020
Are you a Registered Nurse or Registered LPN active or retired, passionate about wanting to help your community?
Interior Health is committed to supporting the great efforts of our health care professionals due to COVID-19. In preparation for this challenging time, we are seeking Nurses throughout the Interior Health region.
At this time we are gathering interest in anticipation of a potential need however it is unclear if and when we will actually need to deploy additional staff. If you are interested in an ongoing position with Interior Health please apply to one of those posted opportunities instead.
This opportunity is casual in nature, hours of work may vary and the need will be specific to the site and/or community.
Duties: To be determined by the unit.
How to Apply:
• Go to IH Careers website: https://jobs.interiorhealth.ca/nursing
• Apply online to posting 1383966
• In your cover letter please provide the following information:
o BCCNP registration #
o If retired from Interior Health, provide date
o Date available to start
o If worked for Interior Health currently or in the past, when and what area?
o Did you work for other Health Authority or other clinical facility? If yes, when and what area?
o What is your availability? Can you work days/evenings/nights?
o Location(s) you prefer? If more than one location please provide information
o Are you willing to drive to other locations?
o Other relevant education? i.e. current CPR, etc.
• If you haven’t worked for Interior Health (IH) before, please include a brief resume
• Nurses already registered in the province where positions are available will be given first preference to the position
Thank you for your interest in supporting your community at this difficult time. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing
• Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
*Valid B.C. Driver’s License
• Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
• Current CPR certification required.
*Valid B.C. Driver’s License
Skills and Abilities:
• Assessment and Intervention
• Critical Thinking
• Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice
• Knowledge Integration
• Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
To re-activate your registration or register please contact BCCNP.
Additional essential qualifications, asset qualifications, organizational needs, operational requirements and/or conditions of employment may be identified and applied during selection of candidates i.e. willingness and ability to travel; willingness to work extra shifts as required, on short notice; willingness and ability to work on call or on a rotational basis and stand-by as required.
COMMUNICATION FOR THIS INVENTORY will be sent via email. Ensure to check/view your spam folder regularly.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth