COORDINATOR, PLANT SERVICES SOUTH THOMPSON NICOLAApply Now Job ID 1272347 Date posted 06/12/2019
Facility :ASHCROFT HSPTL & HLTH CTR
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is seeking to hire a Coordinator, Plant Services South Thompson Nicola to manage day-to-day operations, project manage, and supervise staff ranging from Maintenance Workers to Trades Professionals.
In this position, the Coordinator, Plant Services oversees the development and supervision of the day-to-day activities of the assigned service delivery area and coordinates major and minor construction projects through effective project management and maintenance scheduling techniques; ensures the smooth functioning and code compliance of designated facilities, including Hospital equipment and systems, by managing and directly supervising the activities of designated maintenance personnel and external contractors; liaises with colleagues in the industry to share information and establish/review benchmarks to review productivity; provides professional expertise to other health care organizations, and negotiates with contractors, regulatory bodies, manufacturers and/or suppliers.
Travel is required in this role within the surrounding area within a radius of Lillooet, Lytton and Merritt. Access to personal vehicle will be required; a valid Driver’s License is necessary. Days of work are Mondays through Fridays with weekends and statutory holidays off.
Interior Health offers an excellent, comprehensive benefit package and pension plan; opportunity for growth and skill development.
Education, Training, and Experience
• Trades Qualification as a journeyman in a relevant trade or Power Engineering certificate, plus five (5) to seven (7) years recent, related experience including a minimum of two (2) years direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – fosters the development of others, communicates effectively, builds effective teams
• Achieves Results – sets direction, takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
• Develops Coalitions – builds partnerships & networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service, navigates socio-political environments
• System Transformation – demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to lead and inspire staff, and build a team environment that fosters trust and respect.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, customer relations, communication and facilitation skills to develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
• Possesses business acumen and analytical skills to anticipate financial and business requirements and ensure effective use of resources.
• Demonstrated ability to manage maintenance and construction projects within a large complex health care environment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of working relationships and trades needs in a maintenance department within a hospital setting.
• Demonstrated ability to investigate issues and develop various options for resolutions.
• Demonstrated ability to operate current computer applications such as AutoCAD, word processing, database, spreadsheet, and maintenance management systems.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth