MEDICAL RADIOGRAPHY TECHNOLOGISTApply Now Job ID 1495322 Date posted 01/22/2021
Community :100 MILE HOUSE
Facility :100 MILE HOUSE HOSPITAL
100 Mile House Hospital is currently seeking a casual Medical Radiography Technologist to join its diagnostic team in covering sick, vacation and special leaves.
The Medical Radiation Technologist performs radiographic and related duties working in conjunction with radiologists, physicians and other health care professionals.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives, verifies and processes requisitions from physicians for diagnostic imaging procedures.
• Organizes workload according to exam priority and equipment availability. Ensures adequate supplies are available for examinations/procedures.
• Prepares patient for diagnostic imaging procedures/examinations by performing duties such as explaining procedures and contraindications, verifying relevant patient information, ensuring consent for examinations categorized as high risk, etc.
• Performs all general duty radiographic procedures in accordance with established standards, procedures and protocols.
• Ensures relevant clinical data is collected for all procedures.
• Assesses technical quality of images and applies corrective measures where necessary.
Shifts may be scheduled during Days, Evenings, or Nights on a rotation. Some shifts may have on-call and/or call-back requirements attached. Days of work rotate 24/7.
This is a casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual on-call positions and lead to regular employment.
Apply today to join a wonderful team.
Known as the main service centre for the South Cariboo region, 100 Mile House consists of a number of small unincorporated communities in the outlying areas that include a population greater than 20,000. Enjoy the luxuries of an urban amenities in a unique rural setting, 100 Mile House has a strong community spirit and community events that provide the vibrancy that keeps the small town thriving.
In this community, you will find an ever expanding arts and culture scene providing music, dance, theatre, markets, and incredible gold rush history to visitors and community members alike. Enjoy endless outdoor recreation here year round! During summer this beautiful area is fantastic for hiking, canoeing, boating, mountain biking and fishing. Winter brings backcountry skiing, as well as snowmobiling, snowshoeing, dogsledding and sleigh rides. The natural beauty of the region with its lush forests and patchwork of lakes and rivers is the perfect backdrop for an outdoor lifestyle.
• Graduate of an accredited medical radiography program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
• Eligible for membership with the BC Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (BCAMRT) and/or CAMRT.
If you have any questions, please email the recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health News
Learn more about News@IH by reading our online blog.