Licensed Practical Nurse – Advanced Preparation Emergency CareApply Now Job ID 1605248 Date posted 10/20/2021
Community :100 MILE HOUSE
Facility :100 MILE HOUSE HOSPITAL
Status :RELIEF PART TIME (0.88 FTE)
Note: Any position that is required to enter a LTC and AL facility to provide services, the successful candidate of that position will be subject to the PHO Order regarding mandatory vaccination.
If you are passionate about being part of a team that is committed to providing high quality client-centered care, then join us as a Practical Nurse at the 100 Mile House Hospital in 100 Mile, BC!
As the Licensed Practical Nurse, you will work in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, performs assessments, plans, implements and provides personal and nursing care to patients/residents/clients. Administers oral, subcutaneous, intramuscular and intravenous medications in accordance with pharmaceutical and organizational policies and procedures. The scope or extent of the skills that the LPN performs varies according to the predictability of the outcome for a given client population. The LPN duties will extend to and include autonomous nursing practices. The LPN operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and full scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM), and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
This is a 0.88 temporary part-time opportunity until October 18, 2022 or return of incumbent. Shifts are rotating and hours of work are 11:00 to 21:00.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces.
• Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses.
• Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
• Current CPR certification required. *Please upload a copy of your valid CPR certificate with your application*
Advanced preparation in the clinical needs of the assigned area as required by the position:
Emergency Care - One year’s recent related emergency and acute care experience. As well as:
• IV Initiation – completion of Learning Hub Adult Peripheral IV Insertion – Online (VCH) and associated Competency Validation: Skills Checklist;
• IV Medication Administration – completion of IHA IV MEDICATION BY INFUSION: LPN and associated Competency Validation: Skills Checklist;
• Autonomous Nursing Education Validation;
• Wound VAC Education Validation;
• Complex Wound Education Validation;
• ECG Training Validation;
• Autonomous Anaphylaxis Education Validation;
• Autonomous Supplemental Oxygen Administration Validation;
• Autonomous Administration of Naloxone for Opioid Overdose Education Validation;
Along with a copy of your CV (resume) please provide details regarding your previous emergency and acute care experience along with any certification.
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships.