COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKERApply Now Job ID 1417671 Date posted 06/30/2020
Community :100 MILE HOUSE
Facility :100 MILE HOUSE HOSPITAL
We are seeking Community Health Workers to join our team in 100 Mile House Home Support. Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and strong work ethics? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? If the answer is 'yes' then we want to hear from you!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 40 hours per week. Hours of services range from 07:00 – 23:00 split into day and evening shifts, including weekdays and weekends. We are particularly seeking candidates with excellent availability, especially during evenings and weekends, and we have several opportunities available for the right candidates.
Many new employees start out in casual or temporary positions before being successful on a permanent position and having a long and rewarding career with Interior Health. This is your opportunity to join a great team who really cares about their clients and their community. Apply today!
If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work supporting your clients while working with a great team, 100 Mile House Home Support is the place for you.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate.*
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Interior Health values diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to cultivate a workforce rich in culture, experience and knowledge to ensure equitable health outcomes for all of the clients we serve. We are welcoming of all populations including our Aboriginal partners throughout the Interior Health Region. We are committed to increasing our Aboriginal representative workforce to build an engaged, culturally diverse organization focused on the goal of providing high quality, sustainable healthcare through an engaged workforce and healthy workplaces. We build inclusive, trusting and respectful relationships through our partnerships. At Interior Health, Every Person Matters.
Follow Us On Facebook
Stay up-to-date and connected by joining us on Facebook.
Login to your existing profile and check the status of your applications.
Interior Health Magazine
Learn more about us by reading our monthly magazine: @interiorhealth