Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH), located in Penticton, B.C., has an immediate permanent, part-time (0.63 FTE) Occupational Therapist opening.
What we offer:
• Relocation allowance for eligible positions
• Employer paid comprehensive benefits package
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid vacation
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals
• Job stability and team environment
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization in different areas of practice
• Recognition of previous experience in determining starting salary
PRH is a 158 inpatient bed hospital providing core medical and surgical specialty services to patients throughout its service area. Services offered include 24-hour emergency and trauma services, acute services, ambulatory and outpatient clinics, and diagnostic/paramedical services.
This Occupational Therapist position has an acute care rotation including the rehab unit. Days of work are Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays including the statutory holidays that fall on these days.
An Occupational Therapist plays a crucial part in providing assessment, treatment planning and implementation, program planning, consultation, equipment prescription and education to patients/clients and/or their caregivers. Operating within a client-centered approach and as an essential member of our interdisciplinary team, you make a substantial contribution to promote functional independence and enable patients/clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes. You will provide work direction to the Rehabilitation Assistants working with the rehabilitation team in regard to transfer of function. This position is suitable for a new graduate or a seasoned therapist.
We will support the successful candidate with an orientation customized to meet the Occupational Therapist and offer mentorship processes and informal supports with more experienced Occupational Therapists on the team. Opportunity for informal learning, e.g. in services.
Explore an Allied Health Career with Interior Health | Join us in Penticton, B.C.! Apply today! Explore your potential while enjoying work-life balance at shift’s end.
Penticton | With all the amenities of a larger urban centre, Penticton is known for preserving its small-town charm and warmth. Its lush surroundings and ideal climate, with over 2,000 hours of sunshine per year, combine to create the perfect landscape for residents and visitors alike.
• Graduation from a recognized occupational therapy program.
• Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC). Eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists or British Columbia Society of Occupational Therapists.
• Valid Driver’s license.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.