Interior Health is hiring a Manager, Clinical Operations at Lillooet Hospital & Health Centre.
What we offer:
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Employer paid training/education opportunities
- Employer paid vacation
- Medical Services Plan
- Employer paid insurance premiums
- Extended health &dental coverage
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Work-life balance
About the role:
The Manager, Clinical Operations is accountable for ensuring excellence in the provision of patient centered care within a defined clinical area(s). The Manager, Clinical Operations provides leadership and direction for the operations, management, utilization, risk management, and quality improvement within the assigned clinical area(s), and applies management theory and concepts to leading, staffing, monitoring, evaluating, and data gathering including the development of relevant outcome measures pertinent to the clinical area(s). The Manager, Clinical Operations is accountable for: efficient, effective utilization of approved physical, financial, and human resources; guiding and coordinating activities of the clinical area(s) in accordance with professional standards; supporting the goals and strategic direction of Interior Health.
Some key duties:
• Provides leadership for clinical practice by seeking out and identifying best practices in patient care, ensuring the appropriate structures, system processes, and culture are in place to facilitate ongoing development of a best practice model of care.
• Evaluates effectiveness of care provided and seeks mechanisms to ensure that standards are met consistently. Responds to patient care issues and public concerns in a supportive and goal oriented manner, facilitating communication to affect positive outcomes.
• Facilitates and directs the development, implementation, and evaluation of unit specific goals and objectives, standards and policies, ensuring consistency with the established standards and objectives of the services within Interior Health.
• Maintains fiscal accountability by collecting and monitoring necessary fiscal and utilization data and analyzes data appropriately. Ensures effective use of resources in the service area. Monitors the budget(s), identifies variances, and takes corrective action as required to maintain expenditures within the approved budget(s).
• Participates in the development and implementation of the local quality improvement and risk management initiatives for patient care services in accordance with Interior Health standards and processes.
About Lillooet, BC:
Nestled between stunning mountains and the bench lands of the Fraser River, Lillooet, BC is a treasure to call home. Winter enthusiasts will love the location – Whistler, BC (home of the 2010 Olympics) is a mere 2 ½ hour drive! Beautiful scenery, small town charms and sunny skies will make you wonder why you waited!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces. Apply today!
Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).
Education, Training, and Experience
• Bachelors Degree in a health related field.
• A minimum of five years recent, related clinical experience, including two years in a leadership role.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current registration with the relevant professional college or association preferred.
Salary range for the position is $113,195 to $162,718 and starting salary will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.