Interior Health is looking for an experienced, highly efficient and self -directed permanent part time (0.50 FTE) Administrative Assistant to join the Internal Audit department. This position is a hybrid role based out of the Community Health and Services Centre office in downtown Kelowna, B.C.
What we offer:
• Competitive salary and an attractive remuneration package
• Career Growth
• Employer paid training/education
• Employer paid vacation (per collective agreement)
• Medical Service Plan
• Employer paid insurance premiums
• Extended Health & Dental coverage
• Contribution to Municipal Pension Plan
• Balanced lifestyle
About this location/unit
The mission of the Internal Audit team is to provide independent, objective services designed to add value and improve Interior Health’s operations. We help Interior Health accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
What will you work on?
The Administrative Assistant works in a team environment to provide confidential administrative support functions to the Director for the department or program and other management staff as required. The Administrative Assistant serves as a vital linkage and communication source to keep the department or program informed and aligned to its priorities.
Some responsibilities include: coordinating and organizing project and administrative workflow including Senior Executive and Board reporting; determining priorities; composing confidential correspondence, sensitive documents, presentations, orientation packages, and spreadsheets using MS 365 and Sharepoint (including data entry) for authorization by the Director; maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of all information which flows through, and supporting the Director in setting the positive, collaborative, efficient tone for the department or program.
How will you create an impact?
Joining our IH team will allow you to challenge yourself professionally while enjoying all the personal pursuits available to you within this fantastic community.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills and a work environment that supports and promotes psychological health & safety for all. We offer the opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Diploma and graduation from a recognized secretarial program.
• Three to five years of recent, related experience including experience working with various computer software programs.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• Ability to type 60 wpm and set up letters, reports, etc. in a professional format.
• Knowledge of applicable computer hardware and software programs and ability to perform web-based searches.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service when interacting with staff, patients & families, and members of the public.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
“Honouring Interior Health’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation and the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (DRIPA), and Pursuant to Section 42 of the B.C. Human Rights Code, preferential consideration and/or hiring will be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit).”
Salary range for the position is approximately $24.14 to $31.68 p/h and starting salary will be based on education, training and experience.
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.