Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse to join our Hemodialysis team at the Williams Lake Health Centre in beautiful Williams Lake B.C. If you are a Registered Nurse with Hemodialysis education/training and experience, apply today!
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
What We Offer:
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Employer paid training/education opportunities
• Generous Vacation Entitlement
• Employer Paid Health Benefits
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Shift Premiums
• Competitive wages
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
• Delivers the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care in a primary care setting
• Operates in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
• Ensures the delivery of client–centered care by assisting individual clients and their families respond to changing health care needs
• Demonstrates a specialized body of knowledge and bases practice on nursing science and related content from other sciences and humanities
This is a relief part-time (0.52 FTE) opportunity until April 22, 2024, or the return of the incumbent.
Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 6:45 to 14:45, 6:45 to 18:45
About this location/unit:
The community of Williams Lake is located amidst sparkling lakes and rolling ranchland in the heart of the Cariboo-Chilcotin Region of British Columbia. As the largest city in the area, it serves as a business, industrial and service hub for outlying communities and provides employment opportunities in the forestry, mining, agriculture and tourism sectors. Home to the famous Williams Lake Stampede, this former “cowtown” has grown into a vibrant city that offers its residents a comfortable blend of urban living and western charm. Williams Lake offers four distinct seasons, which fosters a large host of sporting possibilities.
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
• Completion of a recognized nephrology nursing certificate program plus two years recent related general duty nursing experience; OR completion of a recognized nephrology nursing certificate program plus one year recent related critical care nursing experience; OR one year recent related hemodialysis nursing experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Current BCLS certification required. Valid BC Driver’s License required
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.